Jewish Humour

Jewish Humour

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Sharon Glass’s Paper Thin Kichel Recipe





I've been watching all the kichel making for the last 2 weeks on this group and decided today that I would share my granny's special recipe with you. I was brought up making these kichel in her kitchen. I would sit in the kitchen while she rolled the kichel paper thin. They were very special.

And the secret to them is self-raising flour. That's what makes them extra crispy. Not ordinary flour. So I'm sharing this easy delicious recipe with you all so you too can make them.

4 jumbo eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
500g self-raising flour

Beat the eggs, oil and sugar until creamy. Add the flour and knead with dough hook until a firm dough.

Preheat oven to 180 C. Spray baking racks and line a baking tray underneath with paper.

Roll out with pasta roller or by hand paper thin. Brush with extra oil and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake 8-10 minutes until light golden. Knock off gently from the rack and cool.

Shana Tovah to you all
Wishing you sweetness and good health for the New Year. 🍎🍏

No comments:

Post a Comment